Appointment Alert Update:
Patients who did not attend their booked appointments at Tower-Minden
during the period of:
amounted to 445, which equated to 111 GP/Nurse hours.
Tower Family Healthcare - Minden Appointments
Appointments are available as pre-bookable or book on the day appointments for more urgent cases.
- Patients may book face-to-face consultations on-line, Access the online appointment system (please ensure that you have registered for on-line services).
- To register for full on-line services please fill in the online request form Patient Services Registration form and bring it the surgery with photo ID. You will then receive an electronic letter to your registered email address (please ensure that you check your in box and junk mail box regularly for the letter). Once you have received your letter simply follow the 'How to Complete your Registration Guide'. Remember there is no need to register more than once. Registering on-line will include access to on-line appointments.
- Once you have received your letter simply follow the 'How to Complete your Registration Guide'. Remember there is no need to register more than once, registering on-line will include access to on-line appointments and repeat prescriptions.
- Patients are advised that in order to activate and access your repeat prescriptions on-line, photographic proof of identification may be required to be presented in person at your GP practice.
- Should you experience any problems please refer to the 'Patient Frequently Asked Questions' Guide.
EXTENDED WORKING HOURS - Ask your receptionist about booking an appointment to see a GP on a Saturday/Sunday or weekday evening in the Moorgate Primary Care Centre
Right to Express Preference for a Practitioner
You have the right to the above but it depends on the availability of the preferred doctor. If the doctor or practitioner has no appointments available then you will be offered an appointment with an alternative practitioner.
Types of Consultations Available
You can see the practitioner face-to-face (appointments – routine, urgent and emergency) or speak to them over the telephone (telephone consultations/triage).
If you feel your medical problem is urgent is requires to be treated today, then our care navigators will ask you some questions to determine the best clinicians or service the patient is to be seen at. Over the winter period we see high levels of demand for this service which means routine appointments can be more difficult to book within 1 - 2 weeks, however, we are working our hardest to try and balance out our clinicians capacity. This service is suitable for patients with a new acute problem such as a urinary tract infection or worsening of an ongoing problem eg exacerbation of asthma etc. For any long-term or ongoing problems please make a routine face-to-face or telephone appointment with your GP.
Requests for home visits should only be made when the patient’s health makes it difficult to attend surgery eg elderly immobile patients. In order for the doctors to best plan their day we ask that all home visit requests are made by 10.00am on the day, if possible. You may be telephoned back and asked for further information. Any requests coming to us after 11.30am are the responsibility of the on-call GP rather than your regular GP. If possible, please try to telephone reception before 10.00am if you require a home visit.